We believe that evangelism refers to the practice of relaying information about a particular set of beliefs by spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ through Christianity. Faithful to this understanding of "Good News", we warmly welcome you to join us and become a part of the life of Faith United Presbyterian Church.
As part of the Great Commission, Jesus Christ calls us to "Go then to all peoples everywhere and make disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:19, Todays English Version). In our evangelism we believe and practice this as part of our faith. However, we recognize we are all at different stages in our journey with God. Jesus also says, "There are other sheep which belong to me that are not in this sheep pen. I must bring them, too; they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock with one shepherd" (John 10:16). Whether you are currently a Christian or seeking to know more about Jesus Christ, we invite you to become a part of our faith family by growing your faith through the Holy Spirit with us.
There are many parts of a persons faith journey and so our Evangelism is lived out in a variety of ministries. The ministry provided by the Evangelism members that is most evident is seen each worship service where they seek out visitors that want to know more about Faith United. But a complete list could be iterated this way:
1. Worship services to provide fellowship.
2. Bible Study in small groups on Wednesday evenings.
3. Identify and nurture new members.
4. Provide audio recordings to pick up at the church and at the website for those that want to hear the Word.
5. Invite the community through sharing our church, advertising in local newspapers, creating signs to draw attention to our
worship, and posting flyers throughout the area.
6. Support other active groups at the church like the Presbyterian Womens Organization (PWO), the Board of Deacons, the
Christian Education Ministry, and the Mission Ministry.
7. Integrating folks into fellowship whether as an opportunity to study the Bible or as an opportunity to lead the study of the Living